My photo
I'm a wife to a military man and momma to a beautiful little girl. These are the adventures of this domesticated momma and my "whatever-I-have-time-for" life!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Returning to Home

Through the inspiration of other's, I've decided to pick back up my place in this blogging world and contribute once again to the madness  Why? Eh...I don't really have any idea to be perfectly honest. Perhaps it's because I love to write and I'm inspired by so many other people's blogs I think, "I should post the things I do in my daily life on a blog." Maybe some one would enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed the blogs of others. Or perhaps something I post could be of some sort of inspiration, encouragement or help to some one else. Probably the best reason is that it's a great way to, in a sense, catalog our lives and the events within them in an interesting way. For me, this blog will be a place to show case my many domestic projects. In any case, it seemed like a fun idea so here we go.

This first 'return' post is on my little girl. (Other mom's will understand this.) How could I not talk about her? When I stopped writing on this blog last time in 2009, we were a child-less couple. Years have past, a lot of things have changed, but the biggest change in my life during that time was becoming a mother. It's also one of the most recent changes, next to moving from Lawton to a smaller town just south of Tulsa. (We some how managed to stay in Oklahoma amazingly.) But more on that later...

So here she is, 7lbs & 1oz, 19 inches long, my beautiful daughter.


It's not hard to see that I'm totally and utterly exhausted at this point from a long and grueling labor that ended up in a c-section. At this moment, I have no earthly idea just how much I'm going to be falling in love every single day with this little girl. But there she is in all her glory. My little love.

Over the next few weeks and month things got harder before they got easier. We had issues with our little Munchkin not gaining weight due to a low-milk supply on my part. The first three months of her life were pretty stressful, but I'm quite happy to say that today I have a perfectly happy and healthy 5+ month old. God has blessed us tremendously!

And just for your viewing pleasure, one more picture of my little Munchkin with a million more to follow I'm sure...

Four Weeks Old

No comments: